Honey - Oatmeal Scones1 ½ cups of flour
½ cups of quick cooking oatmeal
3 teaspoons of baking powder
½ teaspoon of salt
¼ cup of butter, cut up
2 tablespoons of honey
⅓ cup of heavy cream
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a food processor combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter and process till it resembles coarse crumbs. Turn into a medium bowl.
In a small bowl, mix together the egg, honey and cream.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a fork until moist, adding additional cream if needed to make a soft but manageable dough.
Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll dough into a 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into rounds or squares.
Arrange scones 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet and bake until golden for 10 - 15 minutes.
Makes 8 scones.
Serve with jam.
Chicken with Creamy Herb¾ cup of water
¼ cup of dry white wine
1 teaspoon of chicken bouillon
4 - 5 oz. of chicken breasts
1 tablespoon of water
½ teaspoon of cornstarch
8-ounce block of light cream cheese
2 minced cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon each of dried parsley, thyme and basil (can also use fresh– increase to 1 tablespoon each)
Bring water through the chicken bouillon to a boil and add chicken. Poach chicken for 15 minutes, turning chicken halfway through.
Remove chicken from skillet, set aside and keep warm.
Bring cooking liquid to a boil; cook 5 minutes or until reduced to 2/3 cup. Combine 1 tablespoon of water and cornstarch; add to skillet stirring constantly, cook 1 minutes.
Add cream cheese, garlic and herbs; cook until well blended.
Serve sauce over chicken with rice pilaf or pasta. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Macaroni Delectable3 quarts of boiling water
1 tablespoon of salt
8 ounces of elbow or shell macaroni
1 cup of cottage cheese
½ cup of shredded sharp cheddar
½ teaspoon of salt
1 cup of sour cream
¼ cup of finely chopped onion
1 small minced clove of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
Dash of tabasco sauce (optional)
Add 1 tablespoon of salt to the boiling water with the macaroni. Boil for 8-10 minutes. While pasta is boiling, saute the onion until softened, adding the garlic at the last minute. Drain the pasta, combine pasta with the cottage cheese through tabasco.
Turn into a 2 quart casserole and top with buttered bread crumbs, cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10-15 minutes more.
Vegan Barbecue Bean Sloppy JoesIngredients:
1 each chopped onion
1 each chopped green bell pepper
¼ cup of water
½ tablespoon of vegetable base
3 cups of cooked brown rice
1 pound of cooked pinto beans undrained
6 ounces of barbecue sauce
1 ½ tablespoons of chili powder
8 each sandwich thins
Place onion and pepper in pan with vegetable broth. Cook and stir occasionally until vegetables soften. Add remaining ingredients and cook for about 12 minutes, until well heated through. Serve with pickles, mustard and onions.
Marry Me ChickenMarry Me Chicken. Famous skillet chicken in a sundried tomato parmesan cream sauce with fresh basil. It will definitely inspire marriage proposals!
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
3-4 Large Chicken Breasts
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon Thyme
1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes (may add only 1/2 teaspoon for less spice)
3/4 cup Chicken Broth
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 cup Sundried Tomatoes (chopped)
1/4 - 1/2 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large oven-safe skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Season chicken generously with salt and pepper and sear until golden, about 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate.
2. Return skillet to medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in thyme, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in sundried tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
3. Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce all over the chicken breasts. Bake until chicken is cooked through -- about 15-18 minutes. Garnish with basil and grated parmesan cheese, if so desired.
Comeback Saucegreat with french fries, chicken strips, roasted potatoes
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup chili sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
Mix mayonnaise, chili sauce, garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and onion powder together in a small bowl until well combined.
Honey Apricot and Almond Goat Cheese SpreadIngredients
8 oz goat cheese or cream cheese
1/3 cup lightly salted almonds
4-5 dried apricots (chopped)
2-3 tsp fresh chopped parsley or basil
1/4-1/2 cup apricot preserves
honey for drizzling
An assortment of crackers Fresh sliced granny smith apple
1. Remove goat cheese from protective packaging and soften to room temperature.
2. Spread fresh preserves on a cheese tray or serving platter.
3. Place your almonds in a bag or between two sheets of paper towel and crush using a blunt object, like a glass olive oil bottle.
4. Next chop your apricots and mix together with the almonds and parsley.
5. Roll your goat cheese in the mixture, pressing gently to coat.
1. Finish it off with a hearty drizzle of honey and you're good to go!
2. Don't have apricot preserves, fig preserves work equally well
Eggplant Meatballs (vegetarian)Ingredients:
1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/4 lbs unpeeled eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp chopped basil, plus leaves for garnish
1 1/2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 large egg, beaten
2 ounces Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated, plus more for serving
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 25.25 ounce jar DeLallo Pomodoro sauce
part skim ricotta cheese, for serving (optional)
Heat the oven to 375°F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
Place 1/2 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. When hot add the eggplant and 1/4 cup water. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring occasionally until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor and pulse a few times.
Transfer to a bowl and add bread crumbs, beaten egg, Romano cheese, parsley, garlic and chopped basil into the eggplant. Season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper.
Form the eggplant mixture into 24 balls about 1 1/8 oz each, rolling tightly and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Bake until firm and browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Heat the sauce in a large deep skillet to warm the sauce. Add the meatballs to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes. Garnish the meatballs with basil leaves and serve with ricotta cheese if desire
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla exract
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.
2. Brownie Layer: In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder, and 1/8 tsp salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup melted butter, 1 cup white sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract; stir mixture until it is well combined. Add 2 eggs and beat well.
Stir in the cocoa powder until it is well combined. Add the flour mixture, stirring well until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan.
2. Bake in 350 oven for 25-30 minutes.